Friday, September 18, 2015

to me
Week 4, September 11,2015
 
 
 
The Atonement in my life

The atonement has been the biggest part of my life these past 7 months. I was a lost kid and a sad kid. I didn't know where I was going in life and was angry at everything! But one morning Heavenly Father literally reached down from the heavens and showed me the path he needed me to take. I saw the lives that I would and will touch by cleaning myself up. I knew that it wasn't going to be easy because I was going to have to drop all the friends that I had. That was really hard on me and a lot of people really hated me for changing my lifestyle but I didn't care because I knew Christ and his gospel  were the most important things I could be a part of in my life. I changed my life around 100% and was a new man. I felt so ready to go on a mission and was excited. But through these past 4 weeks I have grown so much and I have seen that God NEEDS me to be better than what I am. I know that he has a special plan for me. That I will play a big part in his plan of eternal happiness for everyone, and saying that he needs me to be 100% worthy and be full of his spirit and power to do the work he needs me to do. He's shown me that I will be able to fulfill my purpose in my life as long as I will just hold steady to the rod and not give up on myself because he will never quit on me! He won't let me be that missionary that just goes through the motions and holds things on my back in my mission, He requires more out of me. And I'm okay with that because I want to be the best that I can be for him. So I will go and do the things required to become that man that he needs me to be. I know that times will get challenging and not everyone is going to believe me or like me for what I'm doing BUT that doesn't matter. All that matters is that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do. I know that he will help me in those times of need and times of sadness. Satan has no power over me as long as I stay close to my Father in Heaven. I know because of the sacrifices that Jesus Christ made in his life was so that us humans who sometimes are dumb and make childish mistakes can be forgiven and be exalted on high in the power of Christ's Atonement. I know and testify that this is 100% true and that I will go and finish this repentance processes and become that man that he needs me to be. I'm sad that it took me this long to figure it out but I'm thankful that I went and found out what I needed to do to become the person I want to be and the person my Father in heaven needs me to be.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment